Thursday 14 June 2012

Thursday 14 June 2012

Only one day now until the start of the Hadrian's Cycleway Coast to Coast trip - Ravenglass to Tynemouth. http://www.cycle-routes.org/hadrianscycleway/



My bike is packed in a van heading up to Ravenglass. I lagged it after work on Tuesday and delivered it to Sale. It's the longest time we have been apart for a long, long time. :-0.

My luggage was packed on Tuesday too and is in the van with my bike.

I am meeting the guys after work in Manchester to get the minibus to Ravenglass for an overnight B&B stay. I haven't met some of the riders on the trip before. I know a few of them. A couple of them want to do a harder ride on Saturday than is strictly necessary to complete the route. They want to do a hillier and longer ride that day. Initially I was with them. That was before the Way of the Roses trip two weeks ago. That ride will stay in my memory for a long time. I may even describe myself as being scarred by it.

However, I will keep an open mind on the route planned for this weekend. It is 173 miles before the voluntary extension. It would be great to complete the longer route and extend the challenge. And then after Sunday I am officially tapering into July. It's the 1 July which signals the start of the LEJOG challenge.

It is a beautiful day today. Warm. Sunny. Dry..... I am working.

The forecast for tomorrow is wet..... I am cycling.

I don't pray. Perhaps I should rethink that.





No comments:

Post a Comment