Saturday 26 May 2012

Saturday 26 May 2012 A beautiful sunny day with temperatures reaching 27 degrees C in the shade. After a later start than expected (possibly linked to last night's celebration) I drove to my parents house where I was to spend the day. We had a BBQ lunch and relaxed in the garden. I decided to clean and polish my bike in readiness for our Team Glow ride tomorrow. A hilly, historical tour of Pendle courtesy of Sue. My dad supplied me with hot water, suds and cloths. Then a paintbrush to get into all those hard to reach places. Then paraffin. Then more cloths. This was turning into a serious clean. After all the effort though, my bike looked almost new again. There it was Glowing in the sun. I had thought I might ride today at some point but I decided against it, favouring instead to spend time with my parents, clean and relax. I hope to be proportionately stronger tomorrow because of my taper session today. But look at the results.....


Glowing bike 

It was lovely to spend time with my folks .....shame they couldn't stay awake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment