Friday 25 May 2012

Friday 25 May 2012

Manchester - Harpurhey - Rochdale

Start 1822
Time spent riding 58m
Mileage 13.49
Climbing 866ft
Average speed 14mph
Max speed 33mph

Hot, sunny day. When I finished work my car thermo told me it was 33 degrees C. Hot. Drove back to Manchester followed by quick change into lycra and straight out. Past plenty of Friday evening drinkers relaxing in the sun. I was happy on my bike. I took a right turn and then.....WOW....what a wind. Straight into me as I headed out of Manchester. I had decided I was going to visit each office of Forster Dean Limited, my new employer - not all tonight - well, there are currently 29 of them! But Harpurhey, Rochdale and Oldham were reasonable targets for now. And so off I went. A lovely ride out. I found the office and then headed off towards Rochdale. On the way I felt a twinge in my right knee - a problem which comes and goes. When it comes I just have to ease off and it seems to pass. But I was also on a time mission tonight to get home, eat, shower, change and then head out to a birthday party. So I aborted my visit to the Rochdale office for today - I will get there another time. Pleased to have added another 13.5 miles to my training total. Overall stats telling me I have spent 65 hours in the saddle since 8 April. I am pleased with that.

1 comment: