Monday 9 July 2012

Day 9


Kendal to langholm

Eskdale hotel

69 miles

Dry


Set off and climbed out of kendal over shap. Found that hard. After a rest day and a massage which left me spaced out too. My handlebars raised must have resulted in my saddle being out of position. I started with lady numbness which spread into my thighs. I was getting worried. I couldn't relieve the numbness. I couldn't stand up. My knees were painful too. Under the caps. The pain brought tears to my eyes. But my cycling buddies were kind and urged me on.


We stopped at shap for coffee and biscuits. Pete altered my saddle and that was much better.


Then a great descent.


Jo punctured.


On to plumpton for lunch at the coral rooms and aquatic centre. I was expecting a swimming pool!! But found lots of fish and fish paraphenalia.


Lucy was punctured as we were due to leave. She punctured again like a car back firing in carlisle. Heather and I cycled into town to get a new tyre as it had split. The group set off from carlisle with a repaired tyre for lucy. Heather and I negotiated the one way system in carlisle most inefficiently and caught up with the group at longtown at a pub.


Then 3 miles to scotland. What a sense of achievement to get there. Lots of photos.


Then a fast train in to langholm for heather, glynis and I and a lovely scenic route to langholm for. Liz, jo, suzanne, lucy,carol, simon and jerry.


I had a much better and stronger afternoon and really enjoyed it.


Dinner at 830 was steak. Great protein replacement.


Glowing.  To be alive. To feel strong. To be in scotland after having landed in newquay and not having needed anything other than my bike to get there.


Am so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment