Wednesday 4 July 2012

Day 4


Wednesday 4 July 2012


Bridgwater to symonds yat, gloucestershire


68 miles


Happy birthday Jo.


A fine day. We crossed 2 bridges over the severn. The avonmouth and the severn. Lots of photo opportunities.


After lunch at the oakham museum we set off. Expecting the last 25 miles of hills. Which never came. There was some climbing but manageable.
 

The route was challenging to navigate with garmin and maps and we lost some considerable time today debating turnings.


Then in the afternoon, an accident. After being alerted to being off course on a busy road I was up front and found a pull in. It was a drive way. The kerb edge was slightly higher than expected. I pulled up my front end, perhaps too aggressively and my back wheel slipped out and down I went. Hard. On to the gravel. I was shocked. It hurt. Particularly my thigh. Blood. Grit. Ouch.


I took a few minutes and then off again.
 

Heather and I went up ahead and stretched out.
 

A dream awaited us. A beautiful spot in symonds yat. Gardens. Clean, warm room. With towels.


And a hot tub.


Tea was fish and chips. A whale of a fish.


Great day. Really glowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment