Saturday 7 July 2012

Day 7


Warrington to Kendal

Beautiful sunny day

Christine and Helen e were still with us and we were joined by pete, cat and cathy at warrington and then mike and martine at the farmers arms, our morning coffee stop.

Later we were joined by mike, eric and stuart.

Today was a long ride. But in really beautiful conditions.

We stopped at scroton for lunch and my handlebars were raised as I was getting a lot of pain across my shoulders. Mike massaged me on the go and told me he had once massaged catherine zeta jones- I felt in safe hands and good company.

The last 12 miles or so of the ride were frantic, fast and fun. Heather, suzanne, martine and I raced off along the A6 into kendal. There was an organised time trial taking place on the other carriageway and we rode on our side as if we were in it. The road surface was challenging. Hard and rough. But we were on it. Great ride home.

Jerry left us to go home for the day.

We stayed at the youth hostel and dinner was at the brewery arts centre next door. Rest day tomorrow so that 3 halves were in order. Lovely day. And so good to have the company of so many other riders for the day.

Glowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment