Wednesday 11 July 2012

Day 11


Wednesday 11 July 2012



Langholm to Crieff

67 miles



Wet

Really wet

Full waterproofs today


Hard ride today. Very painful behind me left knee. Hard to diagnose why. My handlebars have been raised. My saddle pitch adjusted. I lost a cleat screw and replaced that but my cleat might not be quite in the right place. Who knows. Hard to know what best to do about it. Tiger balm. Ibuleve. Ibuprofen. And spinning. I feel the pain on each revolution save for hill climbing. Luckily there was some climbing this afternoon. Hard. Steep. Hot in full waterproofs. But such relief from the pain.
 

The route today was specatular. Through moorland. Forest. Woodland. Bracken. Wild flowers.  Wildlife. Lakes as still as can be.  Simply stunning.


Morning stop was in a butchers shop come cafe. We bought 20 sausages for dinner for less than 5 quid. The butcher sponsored us. So did a customer in the shop. I think they felt sorry for the 10 sodden cyclists looking outside at the persistent rain.


Lunch was at a lovely cafe at labert. The radiators were on and we were able to dry stuff out.


Then off into the rain again.
 

Hostelling today at crieff. 8 girls in 1 room and the 3 boys in another. Dinner was outside catered for us.

Relaxing.


Glowing. In need of early night tonight to rest my sore knee. Complete with tiger balm.


Good night. Glowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment